This page summarizes changes in each major update in Timeplus, including new features and important bug fixes.
Sep 18, 2023
- New functions to generate random data – check them out here.
- During the Preview step of adding a new source, we now show you the time remaining for previewing data. If no event comes in after 30 seconds, you can go back to previous steps, check your configuration, then try again.
- For "Sample dataset", you can select an event time column when you set up the stream. CSV file uploads will be enhanced soon.
- All sources now have data retention options when you create a new stream.
- We've added a sink for Confluent Cloud. This is similar to the Apache Kafka sink, with mandatory authentication.
- In resource lists such as Views, Materialized Views, Sinks, and Query History, the SQL is now shown in one line without breaks.
Sep 5, 2023
The Terraform Provider for Timeplus is now published - check it out.
- You can now edit a query without canceling it, and then run the new query, or open it in a new tab.
- When the SQL editor is empty, the
Formatbutton is now disabled.
Dashboards and Charts
- We improved our color scheme selector in charts, letting you choose from a set of pre-made color schemes, in addition to using multiple shades of a single color.
- While viewing a dashboard, you can view or edit JSON definitions.
- When you upload a CSV file, the historical store retention policy of the newly created stream will by default be set as "Don't remove older data" (previously 30 days). This can work better when you use the CSV for lookup table or quick tests with historical data.
- We've added a banner to inform you when a new version of Timeplus is deployed, and prompt you to refresh your browser to get the latest version. We also show a similar banner if we detect network issues.
Aug 21, 2023
Infrastructure as Code
- (Experimental) We published a developer preview of Timeplus Provider for Terraform. With a Timeplus workspace ID and API Key, you can use this tool to create, update, or delete resources in Timeplus, including sources, streams, views, materialized views, and sinks. More resources will be supported in the future, such as UDFs and dashboards. You can put the Terraform files in a version control system and apply branching, code review, and CICD. Comparing to SQL-based batch operation, this tool can easily manage dependencies among various resources and allow you to preview what will be changed before updating the deployment.
Query and Results
- On the Query page, we've enhanced the SQL editor to better support multi-line SQL. The editor will now auto-expand as you type.
- When viewing row details in the results table, press the
downarrows on your keyboard to see details for the previous or next row.
- On the Data Ingestion page, the Add Data pop-up now shows sources directly (such as Apache Kafka, Confluent Cloud, Redpanda etc.).
- On the Data Lineages page, if you move the tiles around, we will remember their positions and show them in the same positions the next time you visit this page. To return to default positions, click the Reset Layout button in the top right corner.
- When you delete an API key, we will now show a pop-up to confirm the deletion.
Aug 8, 2023
Soft launch for the Cloud GA (version 1.3.x).
- (Experimental) You can now convert append-only or versioned streams to changelog streams with the new changelog function. This is designed for advanced use cases, such as per-key late event processing.
- Added new functions for URL handling – check them out here.
- Block hop/session functions for historical queries (ie. with the table function).
- Empty messages in an Apache Kafka or Redpanda topic are now skipped.
- We now restrict you from deleting a stream if a source is sending data to it. Please delete the source first.
- In the Query page, for a streaming query, the scanned rows, bytes, and EPS are now shown.
- In the map chart, you can now change the dot size, either as a fixed value, or set a minimum and maximum range based on a numeric column. You can also adjust the opacity of the dot.